Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesdays: Dish Cloth and Wood Turning

 Wednesday already?  How time flies!  Sometimes I don't know where it goes. 
I was away from Thursday until Monday visiting friends and a church in beautiful Welland. I had a chance to visit my favorite place in Welland - Merritt Island:
It was peaceful sitting at a picnic table looking out onto the river


This was also peaceful until so people decided to turn on their rap music


I also had a chance to sit out by the old canal watching some women's quads rowing.  It reminded me of the time when a lady who lived in my building in Welland was trying to recruit me for a coxen.  Unfortunately, I was moving to Hungary, so I couldn't join the fun.




 
 Now to WIP Wednesday. Do to all the fun I was having I didn't have a lot of time to work on anything, but last evening (Tuesday) at Soper Creek Yarn's Knit Nite I decided to start something small:
I was going to make it into a dish cloth, but now I am thinking of using it as a face cloth.  It is our national colours, so in Hungary it can remind me of Canada.


My mom has also been working on her own WIP this week.  This piece of wood is being turned into a letter opener.


















For more WIP Wednesdays see:

3 comments:

Keri said...

It looks beautiful there! And the dishcloth is going to be very cute when finished.

autumngeisha said...

Beautiful pictures of the river. I like that yarn color.

Tami Klockau said...

Gorgeous pics! I'm a big fan of knitted wash cloths myself. :) I'm SUPER impressed with the letter opener your mom is making. WOW